Author Topic: Samantha Drake to UK  (Read 1375 times)

Offline adamspt2

• Administrator
  • Head Coach
  • UK Hoops
    • http://www.ukhoopsfans.com
Samantha Drake to UK
« on: Apr 13, 2010, 03:12:53 PM »

Excellent news for UK fans as the Herald Leader is reporting that Samantha Drake will sign with UK on Wednesday. She should be an immediate help on the inside next season.

Go CATS!!

http://www.kentucky.com/2010/04/13/1222347/uk-women-to-sign-nelson-co-star.html
GO CATS!!!

Adamspt2
UKHoopsFans.com

Offline Astro7

• Users
  • Senior Assistant Coach
Re: Samantha Drake to UK
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2010, 07:01:32 PM »
This is very good news. She sounds like the type of player who could make an immediate positive impact. I just love the statement by her high school coach.

"She's an excellent player," he said. "For her size, her hands are great. Her hands are like glue. Her ability to catch the ball and run the floor (is great). She can run. She's very fast. To be 6-3 and catch it and run, there's a lot of upside there."

Next year's team is going to be scary good with Drake added to the lineup.

jenjen

« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2010, 08:51:15 PM »
I'm just excited to have someone 6'3 that can move!!!!  I think our thrashing of Michigan State may have been a deciding factor, as well as having such a successful season.  This success should bode well for us, and another one next year will have us rock solid. 

Love it.

Offline tyree02

• Freshman
« Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2010, 10:53:17 AM »
Congrats on a huge pick-up in Samantha Drake.. I knew she was heading to UK a few weeks ago. All you guys needed was a legit post, and you guys are on your way!!!!!
 :highfive:

Offline ukhoopsatmemorial

• Users
  • Student Assistant
« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2010, 11:19:40 AM »
Hate to see this be how it is solved, but problem solved re: schollys. Rebecca Gray transferring.

Offline sockmaster

• Freshman
« Reply #5 on: Apr 14, 2010, 02:09:29 PM »
This is amazing!  I've followed the girls pretty faithfully for the last 6 or 7 years.  Before this year, when we'd get down it would seem there was no hope...we couldn't score.

This past season it was different...this team could score (from many different sources, and play defense like we've never seen before.  This team was a joy to watch ... maybe that's why Wall, Cousins, and Bledsoe came to their games so much.

And now...a boatload of new girls who must be able to play (else they wouldn't be rated so highly).  All we've needed were some numbers this past year.  We played the last games with about 8 girls...no wonder we ran out of steam against Oklahoma....that won't happen next year!

MM...I'm sure you won't forget what got you here....hard work...more hard work...and more hard work!!!

The UK girls team is getting ready to make a name...(the beast is starting to awake!)  !!

Offline Moody Blue

• Freshman
« Reply #6 on: Apr 14, 2010, 05:46:18 PM »
Possibility of a Final Four run next year!!  Dunlap as a senior and now with Drake coming in!   :wow: